Saturday, September 30, 2006

Gas Party


As gas prices have dropped slowly, I've been telling Anna that we should throw a party when it dips below $2. Driving home Wednesday night, we passed 8 or 10 gas stations all proclaiming the news: the time has come! So here it is. This is a blog party. Glad you're here.
Hey all you east coasters, remember the good ol' days when you could buy gas for only $1.99?! Yeah, we've been hanging out at the gas station all week, purchasing gas for the mere fun of it because it's so cheap. I mean, it's practically free.

PS - I felt the baby kick for the first time this week! The doctor says we've got a pretty active little girl in there. I'm wondering what that means exactly. Soccer player? Dancer? Spaz?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hey! I'm all over this party thing--got my little party hat and horn out having a great time. Unfortunately, I'm all alone in a hotel room in Denver, so actually the party is kind of a bust. Oh well.
A little kicker, huh? Maybe she'll decide to get out there early. Better be ready . . .
Hugs to all three of you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Woohoo. The news said that Harrisonburg broke the $2.00 mark last week. Hasn't that community has always been on the front line of news events!???
Mom

gini said...

it's always a gas party over here in ghana, considering i don't have to buy gas at all. of course, they post it in cedis so it looks like 8,956 (which is actually only .80$ or so). and you buy it in liters. basically, the system's very confusing to me. i guess it's a good thing i don't have to know any more than it takes 350,000 cedis to fill a tank and so that's what you ask for. but glad to know it's breaking back home.