Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm grow'n a baby!

Anna's thoughts from a day at work.....

So I was sitting at my desk and little Ms. P was kick'n away, getting her daily exercise and I began to seriously think about what was taking place within me. So many times I find myself referring to our daughter or chatting with other women who are pregnant about their babies but seldom do I think about this phenomenon literally. I speak of it all in general terms. "Oh yeah, we're having a girl. " "She's been moving around quite a bit today." But I fail to think about all of the little details and intricacies that are taking place to develop a real, live little baby girl inside of me. I forget that there are little nails on her 10 fingers and toes. I forget that her personality is already forming and she can smile and suck her thumb. I forget that this is all very real and not just an idea that we talk about that will change our lives forever!
Now some of you may be thinking "ummm...she's been pregnant for how long, over 5 months, and she is only now just figuring out what is going on?!" Well, it isn't so much that I have never thought about pregnancy it is just that I find myself looking at the big picture and forgetting to concentrate on the details. So, when I actually stop and think about the details of it all, it fascinates me. It is amazing to me that God would create women to be able to grow and nurture a child. It is amazing that after just 10 months a perfectly designed and developed child is born and is capable of living a full life. How crazy is that?!

3 comments:

gini said...

my favorite time (while working at st mary's) was late at night when all the mom's had dropped off the babies so they could be weighed and assessed and the mom's could get some sleep. i was allowed to go in and hold them if they were fussy or needed to be bundled or things like that. i would look at these little people (some of whom were only a few hours old) and marvel at the miracles God let's us be a part of. it's a special connection when your Creator lets you play a role in His act of creation.

the forester said...

I loved being pregnant. Parenting has helped me to understand in some many new ways. Just wait to you meet your daughter and you cry those happy tears over her head and then you think THIS is how God feels about me! Even through I nailed his Son to a cross. Wow. His love is so amazing!

the forester said...

Oy vey, I look at the screen and see that my wife posted a comment using MY screenname!

For the record, world: theforester is a man, not a woman -- and I have never been pregnant! :-)