Both questions we are quite curious about ourselves.

Besides some regular back discomfort, Anna is doing great. We have conquered lamaze class and the other class, and we now know everything about having and raising a child. I'm being facetious. In case you weren't sure.

The nursery is nearing completion, so these pictures provide a bit of a sneak peek. As a man, I have given up trying to hide the fact that I have some decorating sensibilities. I now catch myself going ahead and just saying things like, "If we could find a nice purple area rug or maybe a table lamp with a lavendar shade I think it would really tie in the curtains and highlight the quilt." But this is entirely allowable because I am having a daughter and before long I will be finding the utmost delight in things like detangler and batons and formal tea parties on the floor among a host of inanimate yet surprisingly conversational guests. So it's all over for me anyway.
And yet I feel like I'm just starting to learn what it is to be a man.


4 comments:
Oh, my gosh! That picture of the three of you is absolutely ADORABLE! You are going to be THE best parents! The nursury look beautiful!
welcome to the world of girls!!! you guys are going to be the coolest parents ever! good luck anna (and ben!) in these next few weeks... we're so excited to see a beautiful new face
It doesn't look like Anna has "dropped". So I guess you have a little more time of peace and quiet around your house. Sleep in as late as you can! Don't think those sleepless nights will end anytime soon. Ya'll ask Anna about the time she phoned HER Mom to say Ben would not be home by his curfew.....
xoxox Ben's Mom
Dearest friends,
I LOVE this post. It is my favorite yet! Besides the cutest picture of you two (three!), I love the picture of the shoes and Ben's thoughts on future tea parties! You never know Ben! You could have a daughter whose room is decked out in blue and red (for the Cubs, of course!) :)
I love the pastel nursery! It is my second favorite nursery in the world! (only second to my own pastel nursery!) :)
Keep up with the blogs and pictures! We love them!
Post a Comment