Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bill Porter's Birthday Acknowledged...

A few sure-to-be Hall of Famers took a moment before their game on Saturday to honor the irreplaceable Bill Porter on the occasion of his birthday...
Derek Lee addresses the crowd:
"Bill Porter is one of the finest men I have ever known. I'm not sure how old he is now, but as father's go, I understand that he deserves not only to be in the Hall, but to be president of it (or maybe clerk)."
Ken Griffey Jr. speaks with the media:
"You have to understand, I'm good at doing one thing, and that's playing baseball. But Bill Porter is brilliant on so many levels. I mean, he's a great dad to his kids and a devoted husband, he's a servant in his church, he's great at his job... and I understand that he cracks a decent joke every now and then - though I've never actually heard one myself. But still, Bill Porter is the man."

Happy Birthday Dad! We love you.

4 comments:

gini said...

as much as i love the cubbies (thanks to a lifetime of living with you), they just aren't as cute as ella. but it was nice of them to throw dad such a big party anyway.

Anonymous said...

For all of you faithful Porter blog readers, you have probably noticed that Anna loves to send out birthday greetings. But today is HER day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA OSTER PORTER!!!!
Love, Sheila
(Ella's grandma, for those of you who don't know me.)

Jada Scruggs said...

your baby girl is precious! i just came across your blog, and i love the pics. hope yall are doing well and hope to see you in a few weeks at graduation!

love, jada

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Derek, and thank you, Ken. I know you have always been among my favorite fans. What you may not have known is that you are a couple of my favorite players as well. Keep up the hard work and I know you'll be scoring touchdowns on your way to a Super Bowl championship before long. I'm rooting for you!
Thanks again, men.
BP