Wednesday, November 07, 2007

9 Months

Today I took Ella to her 9 month check up. As I sat in the room across from the nurse practitioner I couldn't help but think it was just yesterday that I was sitting in that exact same room, talking with the same nurse at Ella's 1 week appointment. Ella has come so far from being cradled in my arms oblivious to the world around her. She is now very much an independent little one, on the move, allowing her curiosity to entertain her all day long.

She is 20lbs 2.5oz landing her in the 74%. She is now over two feet tall at 28in. (67%)and growing like a weed. Every day I seem to throw another outfit in the stack of clothes to be taken to the basement.

6 Months
Since updating at 6 months Ella has had so many firsts. She was baptized in August and the same weekend began to really give us smiles. We had waited and waited to be shown outwardly her happiness in life. We now claim she simply needed the Holy Spirits prompting! She also began eating veggies and fruits and was approved today at our appointment to eat anything that mommy and daddy are eating! Which she was very excited about tonight because she gobbled down half of my meal at church. It is amazing what you can get them to eat if it comes off of your plate.

7 Months
Ella said her first word in September. To Ben's pure delight she said "da da". She has yet to say "ma ma" and has since decided that "uh oh" is her new favorite. The other night I was carrying her and I said, "Ella, you are getting so heavy!" She sweetly replied, "Uh oh". It is adorable when it actually happens to be used correctly.

8 Months
In October, she was dazzled with herself as she sat in front of a mirror and played with "the other baby" for a good 10mins. She gave kisses and babbled away. She also finally learned to sit up from her stomach. This was a very exciting development for me since she had yet to learn how to crawl and would end up very discontent when she found herself stuck on her belly.
Coupled with a bad cold, Ella's two bottom teeth cut through her swollen gums and now can be seen every time she gives us smiles. And last week as shown in the video below she learned to crawl!! I never know where I am going to find her these days. She loves to follow me from room to room and has the ability to find every interesting thing left on the floor.

9 Months
Finally her latest development has been to pull up on things. For the first time last week I went in to get her up from her nap and she was standing at the end of her crib waiting for me to pick her up. It was precious!! It was at the moment that I realized that my little bitty baby was growing up!!

Ella continues to delight us is so many ways. She is more than we could have ever dreamed up. What a precious gift the Lord has given us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post! It made me a little teary because I've been feeling the same way about Owen. He's going to be 6 months next weekend and I feel just like you, that it was minutes ago that he was a tiny little baby in my arms. It just makes you appreciate every single minute.

Anonymous said...

At Daddy Ben's 9 month check-up, he weighed 18 pounds 13 ounces and he was 27 1/2 inches long. Almost the same. But Ella is so much prettier!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

awww!! what a sweet post! I love Ella. :)

melanie said...

hooray for sweet ella!! precious girl with precious parents.