Our second big snow storm came through yesterday afternoon leaving behind a blanket of 8.5 inches of powdery snow. Last night we decided to take Ella out for her first sledding adventure before all the neighborhood kids wore out the hill behind our apartment. It only lasted about 15mins. but it was still fun..at least for us. Ella didn't show much emotion (except for when we laid her down to get a "A Christmas Story" shot of her in her big pink snow suit - see below). She went down several times with mom and dad and did a small part of the hill solo--such a big girl - after all, she's almost 1 year old. No matter how old we get, we still love snow days!
"I can't put my arms down!"
Are you sure about this mom? That looks like a really big hill.
Mom, snowboarding doesn't work without a snowboard. Yeesh.
Let it snow

"C'mon Ralphie, c'mon!"
The Suby waits all year for a day like this.




3 comments:
8.5 inches! WOW! That's more snow than we got the whole 3 years we were there! Enjoy! Wish we could be there to sled with you. I still remember last winter fondly...when I have pictures of pregnant Anna sledding with Aiden in the courtyard. My tailbone was glad to be on the sidelines just cheering you on! :)
no fair!! why is it that i love snow and i lived in st. louis for 4 stinking years and never got more than 2 inches of snow??? and now i move away to the land of no snow and you guys get 2 BIG snowfalls so far??? looks like tons of fun, i'm jealous! i love the pic of ella in her snowsuit in the snow, classic! she is soooo cute.
Man, you guys make me really miss the snow. This is the blog I meant to comment on, but I think I ended up leaving a comment on your extra photos page. Stupid computers. Good thing I have Krista to handle our blog. We miss you guys - all three of you look great. Happy birthday Ella!
Post a Comment