Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sister time

Last week Ben headed to Florida to attend the big PCA general assembly so I decided this would be a perfect time to have my sister out to spend the week with me and the kids! We had such a great time together. Sarah and her husband are moving to South Korea in August to spend a year teaching English. I am going to miss her so much so I wanted some good quality time with her before she crossed the seas.
We took the kids to the zoo....



We almost got the giraffe to eat grass out of our hands....almost. Does anyone know why giraffes have purple tongues? It's because their tongues spend so much time outside of their mouths that if they were not purple they would get sun burned--who knew?!

Ella and her Tani Sarah
Of course we had to get ice cream. The weather is killing us here! It has been in the 90's-100's the past two weeks--ugg. But some good Ted Drews frozen custard definitely helped.


We spent a morning at this great water park/pool.

This is what Ella spent almost an hour playing with. She would sit down on the stair and just put her feet on the water shooting up. It's so funny that this place had a water slide, water sea saws, water swings, etc. etc. and all Ella wanted to do was play with this one small water fountain. Or she wanted to sit in the beach entry part of the pool and play with all the toys other "prepared" moms thought to bring along. Sarah and I of course couldn't complain. We loved just being able to sit in the water and get some sun.

Drew chill'n it up!

the girls.....
Sarah and I also got to spend an evening out just the two of us. I set up a babysitter and we headed to downtown Clayton to have dinner at a great tapas restaurant. We got a table outside where we were able to listen to the live music and eat some great Spanish food. It was so refreshing to be able to spend a couple hours talking about this last year and the year to come. Both of us have gone through a lot of transitions and it was great to be able to challenge and love each other as we listened and shared. Thanks for coming Sarah! I love you!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Well, I was missing you at GA, but it sure doesn't look like you were sitting around missing being at GA!!! What a fabulous week you had! (Minus the weather! Man, am I glad we moved to Maryland. We haven't even turned on our AC yet!! It's been 60s at night and 70s to low 80s during the day! I love the East Coast!!! ;) I bet you would too!!! ;) ;)

So glad you got to do so many fun things! No wonder you're exhausted with VBS this week too!
Hope your allergies are doing better and that everyone is healthy!

Love,
~annie

p.s. Clip has the same navy-blue Romper thing that Drew is wearing in the first picture! If we lived any closer, I'd come over to get a picture of the two boys in their matching digs! :)

H. Mae said...

aww, i hope my sissy and i get to hang out like that when we have babies! you two are too cute

Jason & Krista said...

Awww...Ashley has the same swim suit as Ella --- if only we lived closer that would be so cute! Drew is so big now. I can't decide who he looks like. Ella is definitely a little you!